12-Step Program at A New Start, Inc.
The 12-step program is a set of guiding principles outlining a course of action for addictions, including alcohol, drugs, and compulsion. A 12-step professional treatment program will work through personal changes during recovery, including cognitive, emotional, behavioral, spiritual, and social changes.
In the 1930’s the 12-step program began with Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.). The program has since grown to be one of the most widely used approaches to recovery from drug and alcohol abuse. The program steps are meant to be worked through sequentially as a process for ridding one’s life of addictive behaviors with the ultimate goal resulting in growth, happiness, and freedom. These steps may have slight variations based on each program using them.
At A New Start, Inc., our program incorporates the below 12-step program into treatment plans for clients. Our recovery model for drug abuse and addiction recovery provides patients with the knowledge and tools needed to succeed in long term recovery.
- Admit Powerlessness – Admitting that we were powerless over our addiction
- Find Hope – Coming to believe that a greater Power can restore ourselves to sanity
- Surrender – Make a decision to turn our will and life over to a higher Power
- Take Inventory – Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
- Share Your Inventory – Admit to a higher Power, ourselves and another human being the exact nature of wrongs
- Become Ready – Becoming ready to have a higher Power remove all defects of character
- Ask a Higher Power – Humbly ask a higher Power to remove shortcomings
- Make a List of Amends – Make a list of all persons we have harmed, become willing to make amends to all of them
- Make Amends – Make direct amends to those people we’ve harmed, except when to do so would injure them or others
- Continue Your Inventory – Continue to take personal inventory and when we were wrong to promptly admit it
- Meditate – Sought through meditation to improve our conscious contact with a higher Power as we understood a higher power
- Help Others – Having had an awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs
A New Start is an intensive outpatient program in West Palm Beach providing specialized treatment for alcohol and drug addiction recovery. Our highly trained and dedicated staff provides clients with the best care possible. The therapists at our IOP facility practice an open-door policy, making themselves available each client’s needs. For more information about A New Start, Inc., our intensive outpatient program in West Palm Beach, and the 12-step professional treatment program we offer, please call 1-844-TALK-ANS today.